Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
Since April 2016
- An occasional freelancer since 2007, I became fully self-employed in April 2016.
My professional expertise covers the following duties:
- project management
- copy-writing (digital & print)
- copy-editing/proofreading (digital & print)
- translating English to French
- reader's report
Subject areas include among others French, History, Education, Middle East, Travel Writing, Politics & International Relations, Business, Technical Engineering.
- American University of Cairo
- Biteback Publishing
- Bourchier Ltd
- Boydell & Brewer
- Brilliant Publications
- Eland Publishers
- Hermes Science Publishing
- Icon Books
- ISTE Editions
- UCL IOE Press
Fees are negotiated on a per-project basis.
For an exhaustive list of my freelance works between now and 2007, please visit my portfolio on Google+: https://goo.gl/photos/gUqSLE5zZLQ7a6V86
The works display on this website's portfolio are from 2016 onwards.
to March 2016
- Controlling quality of 150 titles/year: ensuring content is standard to and in tone with house style/industry standard, checking for plagiarism, copyediting and proofreading all 150 books (Adobe Acrobat Pro and on paper)
- Budgeting: tracking variance to budget performance, negotiating suppliers' fees, monitoring suppliers' payments and follow-ups
- Scheduling: implementing production planning spreadsheet, updating internal project management database
- Managing workforce and authors: briefing every project, outsourcing UK and Indian-based suppliers, tracking the production planner and chasing-up when delays, mediating between the supplier and the author, recruiting new suppliers, answering authors and suppliers’ queries
- Designing: typesetting ebooks and layouts (Adobe InDesign), enhancing pictures quality (Adobe Photoshop), drawing book series logos and internal maps (Adobe Illustrator)
I.B.Tauris is a publishing company founded in 1983 whose strategy is to publish serious but accessible works in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
John Wiley and Sons
to September 2010
- Building up publisher's list of titles on 3-year forecast
- Reading and evaluating book proposals and manuscripts submitted by authors and agents, and assessing their suitability for the list
- Contracting electronic and book publication rights
- Releasing up to 10 packaging and text handovers/month to production: assessing manuscript content and image quality control, liaising with external suppliers and authors
- Preparing marketing materials: selecting cover images, writing blurbs, securing endorsements, designing flyers and yearly catalogue
A global publishing company that specialises in academic non-fictions, especially in the Science Technical and Medical subject area
to October 2007
- Formatting all 50 book layouts using templates or as per briefing
- Compiling contents and making indexes from scratch
- Redrawing formulas using MathMagic (Adobe InDesign) and MathType (Word 2007)
- Designing ratios, charts, graphs and maps in Adobe Illustrator
- Assessing technical content of PDF files and tweaking final PDF files using PitStop
ISTE Ltd is a privately-owned IT & Engineering Sciences and Technology publisher based in London and founded in 2005.