A fast, reliable freelance editor with 15 years' experience in the UK trade and academic publishing industry. Whether you are an author, publishing house, academic or else, I can help you to ready your content for publication.
Starting in 2007 as a part-time freelancer during my leisure time, I took the plunge in 2016 and became self-employed on a full-time basis.
My professional expertise covers the following duties:
• peer-review management
• production coordination
• project management
• proofreading (digital & print in English, French and Portuguese)
• reader's report
• translation (English to French)
Subject areas include among others Education, History, French, Middle East, Travel Writing, Politics & International Relations, Business, Technical Engineering.
Fees are negotiated on a per-project basis.
For a detailed CV, please click on the 'Experience' tab of this website.
• Typesetting books, catalogues and flyers
• Creating styles and templates from scratch, following a brief or based on predefined styles
• Generating print-ready PDFs with press quality settings on
• Amending text and images using advanced editing tools directly in unlocked PDFs
• Tagging PDF files with comments and queries
• Transforming Adobe PDF files into ebooks and slide presentations
• Combining PDF files to reveal text amendments
• Extracting, replacing, adding pages to PDF files
• Optimising images for press
• Tweaking images
• Manipulating and amending scanned or PDF text
• Converting graphs, timelines and other numerical-type of illustrations (png, excel or pdf files) into high-quality eps files
• Drawing maps and graphs from screen grabs, pictures or scans
• Designing logos and banners
• Formatting layouts using styles and templates
• Using track changes and including comments and queries
• Compiling mathematical formulas, table of contents, indexes, glossary
• Comparing and merging Word documents
• Creating production planning schedules and budget tracking spreadsheets
• Generating graphs
• Designing dynamic presentations
• Writing posts as regularly as possible
• Branding by designing bespoke banner/logo and web layout using HTML or template
• Retouching/refocusing, optimising pictures to improve fast streaming
Google Analytics, Statcounter
• Analysing followers flow data using Statcounter and Google Analytics
• Increasing blog visibility by participating in forums, tagging keywords, linking to other social websites