Are you looking to outsource work, be it editing, project or peer-review management, content writing? Look no further...
A fast and available freelancer, with 15 years' experience in the UK publishing industry, I am always on the look out for new opportunities.
An occasional freelancer since 2007, I became fully self-employed in April 2016.
My professional expertise covers the following duties:
- peer-review management
- project management
- proofreading (digital & print in English, French and Portuguese)
- reader's report
- translating English to French
Subject areas include among others Education, History, French, Middle East, Travel Writing, Politics & International Relations, Business, Technical Engineering.
Fees are negotiated on a per-project basis.
For a fully detailed CV, please click on the 'Experience' tab of this website.
The works display in the portfolio are from 2016 onwards. For an exhaustive list of my freelance works between now and 2007, please visit my portfolio on Google+: https://goo.gl/photos/gUqSLE5zZLQ7a6V86
• Typesetting books, catalogues and flyers
• Creating styles and templates from scratch, following a brief or based on predefined styles
• Generating print-ready PDFs with press quality settings on
• Amending text and images using advanced editing tools directly in unlocked PDFs
• Tagging PDF files with comments and queries
• Transforming Adobe PDF files into ebooks and slide presentations
• Combining PDF files to reveal text amendments
• Extracting, replacing, adding pages to PDF files
• Optimising images for press
• Tweaking images
• Manipulating and amending scanned or PDF text
• Converting graphs, timelines and other numerical-type of illustrations (png, excel or pdf files) into high-quality eps files
• Drawing maps and graphs from screen grabs, pictures or scans
• Designing logos and banners
• Writing posts as regularly as possible
• Branding by designing bespoke banner/logo and web layout using HTML or template
• Retouching/refocusing, optimising pictures to improve fast streaming
Google Analytics, Statcounter
• Analysing followers flow data using Statcounter and Google Analytics
• Increasing blog visibility by participating in forums, tagging keywords, linking to other social websites
• Formatting layouts using styles and templates
• Using track changes and including comments and queries
• Compiling mathematical formulas, table of contents, indexes, glossary
• Comparing and merging Word documents
• Creating production planning schedules and budget tracking spreadsheets
• Generating graphs