A fast, reliable freelance editor with 15 years' experience in the UK trade and academic publishing industry. Whether you are an author, publishing house, academic or else, I can help you to ready your content for publication.
Having freelanced as a side hustle since 2007, I became full-time self-employed in 2016. My professional expertise covers the following duties:
proofreading (English, French, Portuguese)
xml/pdf check for digital publications
Subject areas include among others History, Education, French, Middle East, Travel Writing, Politics & International Relations and Business.
Fees are negotiated on a per-project basis.
For a detailed CV, please click on the 'Experience' tab of this website. The works displayed in the 'Portfolios' are from 2020 onwards.
Adobe Creative Suite
• Typesetting books, catalogues and flyers • Creating styles and templates from scratch, following a brief or based on predefined styles • Generating print-ready PDFs with press quality settings on
• Amending text and images using advanced editing tools directly in unlocked PDFs • Tagging PDF files with comments and queries • Transforming Adobe PDF files into ebooks and slide presentations • Combining PDF files to reveal text amendments • Extracting, replacing, adding pages to PDF files
• Optimising images for press • Tweaking images • Manipulating and amending scanned or PDF text
• Converting graphs, timelines and other numerical-type of illustrations (png, excel or pdf files) into high-quality eps files • Drawing maps and graphs from screen grabs, pictures or scans • Designing logos and banners
• Formatting layouts using styles and templates • Using track changes and including comments and queries • Compiling mathematical formulas, table of contents, indexes, glossary • Comparing and merging Word documents
• Creating production planning schedules and budget tracking spreadsheets • Generating graphs